Top 5 real estate home design trends for 2023
As Virtual Staging is now the norm of real estate marketing, many real estate photography businesses and agents are having a hard time selecting the style they want for their property. Though it may seem difficult to keep up with the most recent design trends, fear not—in this post, we’ll discuss the top 5 popular home design trends in 2023 for virtual staging. Read on!
Recently we published a blog featuring the 8 popular interior design styles for virtual home staging. But today, as the industry has moved further and home buyers have a new aesthetic preference, you might find some styles are more commonly used than others. As we work with hundred photography companies, we notice the five most requested styles for virtual staging in 2023 are Japandi, Biophilic, Scandinavian, Modern, and Wabi Sabi. If some words might not ring a bell, down you scroll!
Japandi interior style has become one of many rising home design trends when it comes to virtual staging. At top virtual staging companies like Esoft, Japandi has been used to create furniture templates so real estate photography companies and agents can speak to home buyers having a strong preference for Japandi-styled homes.
Featured Service: Virtual Staging at Esoft
What is Japandi?
The term “Japandi style” refers to the fusion of Scandinavian and Japanese design ideas to provide a setting for the house where exquisitely simple practicality rules and a close relationship with nature are essential.
- Neutral color palette and contrasting colors: White, beige, or gray make up the majority of the Japandi style’s color scheme, while also combining light neutral tones with striking elements in dark hues, including black, indigo blue, brown, plum, and green.
- Materials and textures: Natural materials and a variety of textures are preferred by the Japandi style.
- Indoor plants: Colored flowers aren’t utilized, but rather plants like ficus, ferns, vines, or bonsai are currently considered one of the furniture home trends 2023.
- Orderly Spaces: To keep surfaces clear and clean, unnecessary accessories are eliminated. Low furniture is often used in this design to create the impression of space.
- Crafts and ceramics: The best ornaments are handcrafted from natural materials and feature basic, straightforward forms. Vases, pots, and ceramic bowls have a significant role in Japandi decorating.
Why is it a pop virtual staging trend?
It’s one of those truly captivating green décor home design trends since natural materials and simple designs are so common. Japandi’s success is not surprising given that more and more people are drawn to eco-friendly aesthetics, making its way to the top interior design trends for 2023.
Biophilic is not only one of the top furniture home trends 2023 in virtual staging, but it also becomes more and more popular in real estate photography and video trends due to the increased appearance of nature in the shoot.
What is Biophilic?
Biophilic interior design, in its simplest form, refers to bringing nature inside. Its origins are in the term “biophilia,” which means “love of nature.” The goal of biophilic virtual staging trend is to enhance well-being, health, and productivity by creating a relaxing environment with a visual link to nature.
- Natural environment: Features of the natural world should be included using natural elements, sunshine, trees, and pictures of animals.
- Natural lines, shapes, and forms: Replicating natural features such as rock shelves, waterways, and arches and vaults.
- Natural patterns: This might be shown by the gradual weathering of rock, the development of plants, and the application of rhythm and scale.
- Sunlight: Make use of natural lights in various forms, as it aids in the fusion of the interior and the exterior.
- Plants: You can use actual plants, images of plants, or plant hues to establish a connection between the interior space and the natural components.
- Relationship between people and nature: The goal of biophilic design is to recreate this long-standing connection between the two.
Why is it a pop furniture trend for virtual staging?
Due to their busy schedules and the demands of daily life, many individuals, particularly during COVID-19, do not have enough time to enjoy the sun or spend time outside. No doubt the construction, and decoration of homes want to bring in natural elements. The main reason why this has become one of the top home design trends 2023 is that it helps people who are extremely busy to still be able to connect with nature, enhancing their well-being and fostering a “green” lifestyle.
What is Scandinavian?
People are so familiar with Scandinavian aesthetics and design, but it is still considered to be the top home design trends of 2023. It is both clean and cozy, trendy yet vintage. Homebuilders that use this design are experts at fusing traditional vernacular designs with advanced technologies to provide a room that is elegant and intended to improve your lifestyle. This style can be used for many types of houses, especially for old properties.
- Minimalism: Designs often have simple, balanced, precise lines without much ornamentation.
- Natural lighting: Winter darkness is a common occurrence in many Northern Scandinavian and Nordic nations, hence it is crucial that natural light may readily pass through a space. Glass walls, skylights, and open areas may help create this lightness.
- Neutral color scheme: The color scheme is often bright and neutral, which permits the room’s natural light to shine through. Colors are often gentle and warm-toned rather than chilly and jarring.
- Cozy decor: Hygge is incorporated into homes to increase comfort. You’ll see gentle lighting fixtures, organic textures, and rooms with low ceilings and thick walls that are simple to heat and cool.
- Practical home accessories: Modern energy systems are installed in homes and buildings to power and insulate them as effectively as feasible. New technology is often installed in older homes as it becomes available.
- Peculiar shapes: Scandinavian architects and designers aren’t afraid to experiment with various forms and outlines that may maintain a building’s functionality without losing beauty. These curves aid in distinguishing the designs from other contemporary designs.
- Nature and buildings coexist: The majority of Scandinavian architects, including some contemporary ones, consider the surrounding terrain while creating their designs.
Why is it trending?
Urban culture is always active and busy. It might be a big effort on the part of the leaders if the interior of the working organization can cure the mind. This virtual staging trend upbeat approach enables you to maintain your composure and happiness. Scandinavian architecture and design are simple so that everyone may afford them. It may be correctly fixed in your home to get the appearance you want. The design is also distinctive due to its use of white hues, organic metals, a sea symbol, a wintry atmosphere, and an outgoing appearance.
What is Modern?
Modern interior features are considered top home design trends due to its emphasis on utility above decoration. The design approach is a break from more ornate and adorned residences like those in the Queen Anne, Victorian, or Gothic Revival styles.
- Simple lines devoid of adornment.
- Emphasis on low, horizontal massing with extensive roof overhangs and horizontal planes.
- Large amounts of glass are used in open, fluid floor layouts to let in natural light.
- Emphasis on sharp, rectangular shapes.
- Utilization of contemporary components and techniques, such as steel columns, exposed concrete blocks, painted concrete floors, column-free areas, and radiant heating systems.
- Utilizing conventional building materials in novel ways that highlight their inherent qualities and install them on broad, smooth surfaces.
- A considerate link between the building and the land where the interior design is created to best blend with the natural surroundings.
Why is it trending?
Imagine a room that is overflowing with objects; it will be disorganized and messy. You will feel down and melancholy in this kind of environment. A minimalist design, on the other hand, combines aesthetic with usefulness and will undoubtedly give you a peaceful, at ease, and calming feeling as it is clutter-free and full of light.
5. Wabi sabi
What is Wabi-sabi?
Wabi-sabi is all about seeing the beauty in imperfections. It entails establishing a strong connection to the soil and taking delight in life’s basic pleasures in order to ground oneself. Above all, it emphasizes understanding the value of authenticity and making an effort to maintain authenticity in all facets of one’s life.
- Organic Materials, Furniture, and Ornamental items: must be sustainable and as unharmful to the local fauna and flora as possible.
- Decorate With Brutalist Furniture: Tree trunks make excellent sides, coffee, and dining tables.
- Be Color Modest: It is quite improbable that any color scheme more empathetic to the forms and textures of nature than neutral tones can be found. The inherent colors of each wall, item, and fabric should be respected, as should their fading through time.
- Find Vintage Treasures: Wabi-sabi pays careful attention to antiques and values their aging characteristics. Decorate your wabi-sabi house using previously acquired antique furnishings.
- Include Unique Decorations: When designing a wabi-sabi house, handmade and custom items are fantastic choices.
- Plants: Indoor gardens are a dynamic component of interior design.
Why is it trending?
The new craze for upcycling objects, which involves artistically decorating and reusing old or unwanted items, is being attributed with helping to push wabi-sabi. This aesthetic is said to be more in line with a sustainable, and less disposable, way of life. Businesses have a lot to think about as consumers place a higher priority on sustainability and single-use goods become despised in the culture.